This is marksmanship-based training focused on biomechanics and efficient manipulations with a final goal to improve the efficiency of speed and accuracy in carbine/rifle shooting. Through a combination of lecture, group discussion, demonstration, and testing, each student will learn how to practically apply the concepts of Reactive Shooting with a semi/auto carbine/rifle. You will learn the principles of Reactive Shooting Science, how they correlate to carbine/rifle and how to apply those principles on an individual basis. Each trainee will understand how to self-diagnose any deficiencies or errors using these principles and how to correct them immediately.
Fire Control Triangle – purposes, principles, and techniques of the shooting stance, grip, and trigger control for high-speed shooting while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Using stance and grip to create passive control over the carbine/rifle
- Diagnostics of recovery after the shot
- Trigger control – purposes and principles
- Grouping patterns and diagnostics – how to read your shooting group in dynamic close-range fire and how to discover and correct potential technical problems in recoil control or trigger pull.
- Sight offset factor (point of aim, point of impact) for close quarter engagements
- Principles behind efficient multiple targets engagements
- Reactive Shooting Cycle – the “algorithm” of the shot (the six elements of the perfect shot)
- Zeroing and zero confirmation
- Ready positions and rapidly mounting/dismounting the rifle
- Off-hand engagement 50 – 100 yards and midrange distances with multiple shots
- Dynamic engagements and shooting on the move
- Principles of support
- Utilizing additional support for fast target engagements at medium and long-range distances and factors of influence in a realistic environment
- Semi-auto rifle/carbine or pistol caliber carbine(PCC) chambered in .223/ 5.56 or 9mm
- Rifle sling
- At least three magazines – Must be able to retain two magazines on your body
- Ammunition – 900 rounds + 200 frangible (not needed if you shooting 9mm) We can arrange a purchase through our suppliers!
- Pen – Note Pad
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Knee pads
- Bring Lunch and Water