The TPC Challenges are simple isolated drills, designed to narrow your focus on specific skills of Reactive Shooting and to fine-tune them to the smallest details. The challenges will help you test your skills, identify areas for improvement, isolate the specific things needed to achieve improvement and implement those changes for higher performance. Combined together, these skills will shape your performance as a practical shooter.
TPC Challenges tests and improves your physical, technical, and emotional readiness to perform. It gives you confidence and trust in your ability when you have to perform on demand.
We continually strive to improve and make our courses more comprehensive and effective. As a laboratory of Reactive Shooting Science, we continue to develop innovative methods of delivering knowledge and understanding on the path of shooting mastery.
The challenges will help you test your skills, identify areas for improvement, isolate the specific things needed to achieve improvement and implement those changes for higher performance. Combined together, these skills will shape your performance as a practical shooter.
In this course, participants will complete each exercise (all 10 TPC challenges) first to get an idea of where they are in their skillset. Then, through guided training, using the principles of Reactive Shooting Science, they will have the opportunity to dramatically improve their performance. Ultimately, they will not only master the art of reactive shooting skills but also will have a true knowledge of their abilities and how to improve in training.
Successfully completing our Handgun Mastery 1 course is highly encouraged (but not required) for anybody interested in this course.
- You want to be a much better shooter, either for self-defense purposes or practical shooting competition goals
- You want to rapidly improve your reactive shooting skills
- You want to learn how to practice effectively for continued improvement
- You want to compare with the best
- You are law enforcement, military, or civilian trainer and want to improve your program
- TPC Gripster Challenge – FOCUS: Efficient grip and stance.
- TPC Reactor Challenge – FOCUS: Trigger control
- TPC Diminishing Dot Challenge – FOCUS: Trigger control/manipulations & muzzle flip management.
- TPC Flinch Grinch – FOCUS: Trigger control and “PREP-PRESS” trigger manipulation.
- TPC 24 – FOCUS: Fire Control Triangle – Stance, Grip and Trigger Control
- TPC Draw Master – FOCUS: Draw from holster, presentation on target and first shot.
- TPC Double Impact – Target to target transitions, multiple targets engagement.
- TPC Little Man – FOCUS: Efficiency of the Fire Control Triangle core skills and elements under pressure. Application of the Reactive Shooting Cycle as a diagnostics tool.
- TPC Odd Men Out – FOCUS: Efficiency of the Fire Control Triangle core skills and elements under pressure and surprise. Application of the Reactive Shooting Cycle as a diagnostics tool.
- TPC Collateral – FOCUS: Retaining core skills under external distraction. Application of the Reactive Shooting Cycle as a diagnostics tool.
- Quality eye and ear protection (we highly recommend electronic ear pro)
- 900 rounds of ammunition
- A reliable service type or competition handgun and at least three spare magazines
- A backup handgun if you have one, just in case!
- A sturdy belt, OWB kydex type holster that protects the trigger and several mag pouches
- A hat and clothing to suit the weather and protect you from ejected brass. We recommend that high neck shirts be worn.
- To keep your hands more comfortable through the learning process, we recommend that you bring an athletic tape.
- Water/electrolyte drinks/snacks to keep up your energy
- A notebook/pen or pencil