This is our core program. It is designed for anyone with the desire to dramatically improve their shooting performance, whether as defenders, armed professionals, firearms instructors, competitive shooters, or legal gun owners.
Our Handgun Mastery Program is the best way to develop your potential. It is the path to being the best shooter you can be – to being the best shooter on your range or in your department. It is the path to mastery.
You can take the initial course once and see amazing benefits. If you so choose, you can return as we help you progress through a series of skills measurements ending, potentially, becoming among the best in the world. The course program is so exclusive because it is equally relevant for less experienced shooters up to the highest performers in the field. Everyone will gain a level of knowledge appropriate to one’s level of skill and desire. That is one of the reasons, Handgun Mastery is so unique.
We focus not just on shooting skills but also on the knowledge and mindset to improve and gain consistent performance. This program grounds the students solidly in Reactive Shooting Science(TM) with an emphasis on building consistently high performers with a handgun.
Handgun Mastery 1
The Handgun Mastery course uses our proven Scientific Shooting System to combine the science of performance with the best practical shooting concepts in the world. Beginner, intermediate and advanced shooters will realize immediate performance improvement as we unveil the core skills and principles of handgun marksmanship and reactive shooting to a unique level of detail. By building your shooting system, it is important to understand what it takes to fire an accurate shot and then apply the beliefs, principles, and techniques that contribute to a successful result. Together we will explore how to fire a shot in minimum time with maximum efficiency and certainty of a hit, using in-depth knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques required. Students will learn how to diagnose their own shooting, identify their mistakes and immediately make corrections by applying the Fire Control Triangle and the Reactive Shooting Cycle, which we also called the “algorithm of the shot”.
- You want to be a much better shooter, either for self-defense purposes or practical shooting competition goals
- You want to rapidly improve your reactive shooting skills
- You want to learn how to practice effectively for continued improvement
- You have reached a performance plateau
- You want a system that is tailored to you
- You are a law enforcement, military, or civilian trainer and want to improve your program
- Fire Control Triangle – purposes, principles, and techniques of the stance, grip, and trigger control for high-speed shooting while maintaining great accuracy
- Types of trigger manipulations
- The Reactive Shooting Cycle – the “algorithm” of the shot
- Visual acceptability
- Focal continuum – different types of focus and vision methods
- The secrets of the high-efficiency target transitions and engaging multiple targets
- The effective, high-speed draw.
- Quality eye and ear protection (we highly recommend electronic ear pro)
- 1500 rounds of ammunition
- A reliable service type or competition handgun and at least three spare magazines
- A backup handgun if you have one, just in case!
- A sturdy belt, OWB kydex type holster that protects the trigger and several mag pouches
- A hat and clothing to suit the weather and protect you from ejected brass. We recommend that high neck shirts be worn.
- To keep your hands more comfortable through the learning process, we recommend that you bring an athletic tape.
- Water/electrolyte drinks/snacks to keep up your energy
- A notebook/pen or pencil